Provide your customers with a tool to chat with vendors
This product is electronically distributed.
The Real-Time Messenger add-on is a perfect tool for realtime messaging between customers and vendors.
Providing customers with a tool to chat with vendors on the fly is a good opportunity to amaze your customers with exceptional service! If any question arises, it can be immediately addressed to the vendor. The vendor gets email notification and replies to the customer in order to answer the questions, dispel doubts or convince them. It’s obviously a good chance to help customers make their purchase decision faster.
- no need of any third-party messenger or live chat;
- absolute control over all vendor/customer correspondence;
- providing utmost satisfaction with your marketplace;
- no outside arrangements between customers and vendors;
- Fast and secure messaging for customers and vendors;
- Clickable links in messages;
- Communication history;
- Showing the number of unread messages;
- E-mail notifications about new messages;
- The Contact vendor link on the product details page, order details page and vendor’s products list;
- The Contact customer link on the order details page;
- Ability to specify forbidden words, which are hidden in the correspondence (e.g. @gmail for Google email addresses).
- Real-Time Messenger requires pre-configuration of your server environment.
- PHP 5.6.0 minimum, PHP 7.2 maximum. SSL certificate and HTTPS enabled.
- Both the add-on installation and server configuration are included in the price. If any problems on your server are revealed, additional payment will be required.
- The add-on may not work with a shared hosting.
How it works
To start a conversation a customer needs to click the Contact vendor link on one of the following pages:
- on the product details page;
- on the order details page;
- on the vendor’s products list.
The vendor can also initiate a conversation with a customer on the order details page.
Communication is shown on a separate page.
Your customers will find it especially convenient to exchange messages from their mobile devices.
The number of unread messages is displayed in the profile.
All the unread messages can be seen on the Messages page.
The Messages page with all the tickets.
Learn more about the add-on in our User Guide.
The add-on is compatible with Multi-Vendor 4.5.1 and above.
legend: [!] fixed bug, [~] minor changes, [+] new functionality, [-] deleted functionality
[~] The privileges for the groups of administrators have been added. Note: it is important to configure access for administrators based on privileges.
Versions 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
[!] The license entry field was not displayed. Fixed.
Versions 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
[!] The "Contact customer" button in order details was not available for vendors. Fixed.
Versions 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
[+] The license and the update option via the upgrade center have been added.
[!] The vendor administrator could not see the customers who have sent them a message but have not bought anything yet. Fixed.
[~] The add-on has been adapted to the Responsive Admin Panel.